- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1 cup medium or long-grain rice
- 1/2 cup wild rice
- 3 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth, vegetable broth, or water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped, dried plums
- 1/2 cup chopped, toasted, unblanched almonds
In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and peppers; cook stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes or until vegetables start to soften. Add brown and wild rice; stir until rice is hot. Add broth and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, about 50 to 60 minutes or until liquid is completely absorbed. Let stand, covered, 10 minutes; gently stir in dried plums and almonds with a fork.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!