- 1 1/2 lb. top round steak, sliced into 1/2 pieces
- 2 limes
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and divided
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 package 8? flour tortillas
- 2 cups Colby & Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 8 oz. sour cream
Slice meat on the diagonal into 1/2? strips. Squeeze juice of two limes into a large bowl. Add 2 minced cloves of garlic, 2 T. of olive oil, and honey. Stir to blend. Add meat to bowl and marinate for up to one hour. Slice onions into thin slices. Add remaining 2 T. olive oil to large, nonstick skillet and sauté onions for 20 minutes, stirring often. Add meat mixture to large skillet and start cooking meat at the same time as onions by sautéing on medium heat and stirring occasionally. After 20 minutes, add garlic, thyme and cilantro to the onions. Cook an additional 2 minutes. Assemble meat & onions on 1 flour tortilla. Add cheese & tomatoes and sour cream.
*Allow marinade time of at least one hour.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!