- 1 whole wheat English muffin
- 2 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons diced green or red bell pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Oregano or Italian seasoning, dash
- 4 teaspoons pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded low-moisture, part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Split English muffin in half and toast; set aside.
- Heat a small non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, green onions and bell pepper. Cook, stirring continuously for 2 minutes, or until vegetables are softened.
- Stir beaten eggs, pepper and oregano into vegetable mixture. Cook, stirring continuously until egg is set, about 2 minutes.
- Spread 2 teaspoons of pizza sauce onto each English muffin half.
- Spoon a quarter of the egg mixture over pizza sauce and top with a quarter of the cheese.
- Spoon the remaining egg mixture and cheese evenly on top of the muffins.
- Place the muffins on a baking sheet and bake* for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. *Or, bake in a toaster oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes.