- 9 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 rounded tsp. baking powder
- 2 cups small curd regular cottage cheese
- 10 oz. can chopped tomatoes and green chilies (Rotel brand)
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash (original flavor)
- 2 cups frozen potato puffs (tater tots)
Combine in a mixing bowl eggs, Monterey Jack cheese, 1 stick (1/2 cup) of butter, skim milk, flour, baking powder, cottage cheese, chopped tomatoes and green chilies and Mrs. Dash. Pour into buttered or well oiled 10?x14? glass baking dish. Bake at 350º for about 20 minutes. On a separate cookie pan break apart frozen potatoes and brown them in a 350º oven in 2 tablespoons melted butter and 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash until lightly browned, according to package directions. Sprinkle broken up potato puffs over the partially baked egg casserole and continue baking until golden brown and puffy and knife test comes out clean (about another 20 minutes).When baked, consistency should be like a set custard. Total cooking time is 35-40 minutes.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!