Electronic Pressure Cooker Spiced Pork Roast with Butternut Squash
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 lbs. boneless pork loin roast (trimmed of fat)
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. salt (divided use)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 orange (cut into thin slices)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 lbs. butternut squash (cut into 3/4-inch cubes)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Press the Saute, then press the Adjust button to “More” or “High.” When the display says “Hot” add the pecans and cook for 4 minutes, or until beginning to lightly brown, stirring occasionally. Set aside on separate plate.
- Combine the cinnamon, cloves, 1/2 tsp. salt, and the black pepper in a small bowl and coat both sides of the pork with the mixture.
- Add the oil to the pot, tilt pot to coat bottom lightly. Place pork in the pot and cook 2 minutes on each side. Pour the water around pork and top pork with orange slices.
- Seal the lid, close the valve, press the Cancel button, and set to Manual/Pressure Cook for 20 minutes. Use a natural pressure release for 5 minutes, followed by a quick pressure release. When the valve drops, carefully remove the lid.
- Remove the pork. (Internal temperature should reach 145˚F.) Place on cutting board and let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Cover to keep warm, if desired.
- Meanwhile, add the squash and onions to the liquid in the pot. Seal the lid, close the valve, press the Cancel button, and set to Manual/Pressure Cook for 3 minutes, followed by a quick pressure release. When the valve drops, carefully remove the lid.
- Remove the vegetables with a slotted spoon and sprinkle evenly with the pecans. Cover to keep warm.
- Add the cranberries to the liquid in the pot. Press the Cancel button, and set to Saute. Bring to a boil and boil 6-7 minutes or until thickened and reduced to 1/2 cup.
- Spoon over pork slices.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!