Egg and Veggie Casserole
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 medium zucchini (sliced very thin)
- 4 large tomatoes (ripe, seeded and chopped)
- 1 cup spinach leaves (chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil (chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 12 egg whites
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella (cut into cubes)
- ground pepper, to taste (fresh )
- Dash kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prep a large casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in heavy frying pan and add garlic and onion. Cook until onion is soft, stirring constantly. Add the zucchini and sauté for another 1–2 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes and the spinach leaves, cooking for 2 minutes, then add the basil, parsley, and rosemary. Continue cooking until the herbs and spinach are wilted.
- Combine egg whites, cooked vegetables, and the cheese in a bowl. Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Pour the mixture into the casserole and bake for 40–45 minutes, or until the frittata is set. Let cool, then cut into 8 equal sized slices.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!