- 4 EGGS
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. butter
Ingredients for Filling:
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced yellow summer squash
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp. water
- Combine filling ingredients in 7 to 10-inch nonstick omelet pan or skillet.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until water has evaporated and vegetables are crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Clean pan.
- Beat eggs, 1/4 cup water, cheese, basil and garlic powder in medium bowl until blended.
- Heat butter in same pan over medium-high heat until hot.
- Tilt pan to coat bottom.
- Pour in 1/2 of the egg mixture.
- Mixture should set immediately at edges.
- Gently push cooked portions from edges toward the center with inverted turner so that uncooked eggs can reach the hot pan surface.
- Continue cooking, tilting pan and gently moving cooked portions as needed.
- When top surface of eggs is thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, place 1/2 of the filling on one side of the omelet.
- Fold omelet in half with turner and slide onto plate; keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining egg mixture and filling to make second omelet.
- Serve immediately.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!