- 2/3 cup nonfat milk
- 12 eggs, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar, packed
- 8 slices brioche or challah bread, cut 3/4-inch thick
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup purchased ranch dressing
- 12 slices smoked gouda cheese
- 2 cups kettle-style potato chips (French onion or your favorite flavor), crushed
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line large rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In large shallow bowl, whisk together milk, 4 eggs, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Dip each bread slice in mixture about 5 seconds.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake on bottom oven rack 8 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Turn over and bake 7 to 8 minutes longer or until deep golden brown.
- Remove from oven; leave on cookie sheet.
Oven Fried Eggs:
- Leave oven on.
- Heat oven-proof griddle or 2 10-inch well seasoned cast iron skillets in oven.
- Brush generously with olive oil.
- Crack 8 eggs into hot pan(s).
- Prick egg yolks with toothpick to break slightly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake 3 to 5 minutes or until eggs are set and appear “fried”.
- Reset oven to 375°F.
- Spread ranch dressing on one side of each bread slice.
- Cover each slice with 1 1/2 slices cheese.
- Top 4 of the slices with 2 eggs each.
- Bake all bread slices 3 minutes or until cheese melts over eggs.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle potato chips over all slices.
- Drizzle with additional ranch dressing.
- Press 4 cheese-only slices over the egg-covered slices, toast-side-up.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!