- 2 slices potato or other sandwich bread, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons (1/2 ounce) maple mustard
- (3) 1-ounce slices muenster cheese
- 2 ounces thinly sliced Black Forest ham
- 2 tablespoons egg batter (ratio of 3 eggs to 1 cup milk)
- Warm maple syrup for serving
- Spread 1 side of each bread slice with maple mustard.
- Place 1 slice bread, mustard-side-up, on work surface, top with alternate layers of cheese and ham slices, starting and finishing with cheese.
- Top with remaining slice of bread, mustard-side-down.
- Carefully place sandwich in egg batter, flipping to coat both sides.
- Grill on hot buttered griddle on both sides, turning once, until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Cut into four pieces and serve with warm maple syrup for dipping.