- 3 plump cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3 large firm but ripe tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix the garlic, red pepper flakes and parsley. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the tomato slices with salt and pepper and add to the hot oil, cooking for one minute. Carefully turn them over, sprinkle with the garlic mixture and cook for another minute. Turn the slices one more time and cook for another 10 seconds before removing to a serving plate. (The tomatoes should be soft but not to the point of mushy.) Pour the pan juices over the tomatoes and serve immediately.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!