- 1 whole turkey (10 to 12 pounds)
- 6 to 8 garlic cloves
- 2 large lemons, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Cut six to eight small slits in turkey skin; insert garlic under the skin.
- Squeeze two lemon halves inside the turkey; stuff in turkey.
- Squeeze remaining lemon over outside of turkey.
- Tuck wings under turkey; tie drumsticks together.
- Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, breast side up.
- Brush with oil; sprinkle with rosemary and sage.
- Roast 1 hour.
- Cover turkey with foil; roast 2 to 2 1/2 hours longer or until a thermometer inserted in thigh reads 180°.
- Baste occasionally with pan drippings.
- Remove turkey from oven.
- Let stand 20 minutes before carving.
- If desired, skim fat and thicken pan drippings for gravy.
- Serve with turkey.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!