- 6 cups water
- 1/2 pound fresh baby carrots
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Add carrots; cover and cook for 1 minute.
- Add beans; cover and cook 2 minutes longer.
- Drain and immediately place vegetables in ice water.
- Drain and pat dry.
- Place the vegetables in a large skillet; add broth and butter.
- Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about 2 teaspoons.
- Add the sugar, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 1 minute.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!