- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch dried, hot red pepper flakes
- 1 small red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 lbs. fresh baby spinach*, rinsed and spun dry
- 1/4 golden raisins
- 1/4 dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
In large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, shaking pan occasionally, just until edges of garlic are brown. Add red bell pepper and cook, tossing or stirring another minute. Add spinach, raisins and peanuts; using tongs, flip spinach from underneath to over on top to distribute mixture and evenly cook. saute just until wilted and released water has evaporated, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
*Trim tough stems and roughly chop leaves.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!