- 6 small ripe tomatoes (peeled, seeded)
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 medium cucumber (peeled, seeded)
- 1 small red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 bell pepper (red or green), finely chopped
- 3 stalk celery (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley (chopped) OR 2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 clove chopped garlic OR 1 tsp. jarred, minced garlic
- 2 green onions (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until well mixed but slightly chunky.
- Chill up to 2 hours or overnight before serving. (NOTE: if you don’t have a blender or food processor, try to dice the vegetables as finely as possible and use a masher to mix and mash, for approximately 2 minutes to combine flavors).
- Serve as a chilled soup or as a dip for low sodium, whole wheat crackers or tortilla chips made with liquid oil and no hydrogenated fat or tropical oils, such as palm or coconut oil.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!