- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups peeled, julienne ginger
- Fish fillets (1/2 pound to 1 1/2 pounds), sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch strips
- 3 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red bell pepper, julienne
- 1/2 bunch scallions, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ginger and cook, stirring until brown and crisp, about 7 minutes. Add the fish, stir gently until thoroughly mixed with the ginger and cook for about 3 minutes. Add the sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce and salt and stir well. Stir in the onion and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Add the red pepper and scallions and cook for another 2 minutes, then serve.
Recipe provided by Ohio Aquaculture Association.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!