- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles (9 ozs.)
- 2 lbs. asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning salt
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 oz.) can chicken broth
- 1/2 milk
- 2 teaspoons fresh marjoram leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 2 s diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 roasted red bell peppers, from 7-oz. jar, drained and chopped
- 3/4 shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 s shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ozs.)
- 1/2 whipping (heavy) cream
Heat oven to 350°. Grease rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches. Cook and drain noodles as directed on package.
Heat 5 cups water to boiling in 3-quart saucepan. Add asparagus; heat to boiling. Boil 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Place asparagus in bowl. Toss with oil and lemon pepper seasoning salt.
Melt butter in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in broth, milk and marjoram. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Stir in chicken, 1/4 cup of the bell peppers and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Cook about 2 minutes or until hot.
Spread about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture in baking dish. Top with 3 noodles, 1 1/2 cups chicken mixture, half of the asparagus and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers, starting with noodles. Top with remaining 3 noodles.
Beat whipping cream in chilled small bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Spread over top of lasagna. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup bell peppers and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes or until hot in center and top is golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.