Submitted by: Rick Tytko
- 1 package (8 ounce) dry black beans
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 jar ( 4-ounce) capers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 T. Cooking wine
- 1/8 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- Cook beans according to package directions, drain and reserve the liquid.
- Saute onion in hot oil; add capers and cook for just a few seconds.
- Add beans and season with wine, oregano and sugar. Simmer over medium heat adding bean liquid as needed.
- Serve as a side dish or over hot rice.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!