- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 8 slices garlic and rosemary focaccia bread
Sprinkle pepper on one side of each chicken cutlet. Heat oil in large skillet; brown garlic in oil, then add chicken, pepper-side-down. Sauté chicken until cooked through and juices run clear, about 12 to 15 minutes. In small bowl combine mayonnaise, mustard and rosemary. Mix together and spread mixture on 4 slices focaccia bread. Place 1 chicken cutlet on each of these slices, then top each with another bread slice. Serves 4.
This satisfying bistro-style sandwich will take you out of a lunch rut. It combines seasoned chicken with sweet Dijon mustard and rosemary on herbed foccacia. The chicken and spread can be prepared in advance.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!