- 3 lb. green beans , trimmed
- 3 tbsp. butter , plus more for the baking dish
- 5 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 c. finely diced onion
- Pinch ground cayenne
- Salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 c. condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 c. white wine
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh sage
- 1 c. grated Pecorino cheese, divided
- 3 c. broccoli florets
- 1/2 c. Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 lb. bacon, cooked and chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter a 4 1/2- to 5-qt. baking dish and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a very large pot of boiling water, cook the green beans until almost al dente, about 5
minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan or small stockpot over medium heat, melt the butter and oil. Add the
onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the cayenne and salt and pepper. Add the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, 30
to 60 seconds.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the soup, cream, wine, lemon juice, rosemary, sage, and 1/2 c. of the cheese.
- Stir in the green beans and broccoli and transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Top with the remaining 1/2 c. of cheese, the bread crumbs, and the bacon.
- Bake until browned and bubbly, 25 to 30 minutes, or until you just can’t wait anymore!
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!