- 1 pint of cold cooked snap beans
- 1 medium-sized raw carrot, diced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 hard-cooked egg, sliced
- Salt and paprika to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- Salad dressing
- Before starting, be sure that all the ingredients are thoroughly chilled, and that the bowl is cold.
- Wash and drain the lettuce, and wrap in a damp cloth or put it in the hydrator to become crisp, then dry it on a towel or shake it dry in a wire basket.
- When ready to serve, line a wooden salad bowl with the crisp lettuce, mix the vegetables with boiled salad dressing and seasonings and garnish the salad with slices of hard-cooked egg.
Suggested Luncheon Menu: Chilled snap bean salad, hot bran muffins, potato chips, cottage cheese, fresh fruit cup, iced coffee or tea for the adults, and milk for the children.