- 1 pint of cold cooked snap beans
- 1 medium-sized raw carrot, diced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 hard-cooked egg, sliced
- Salt and paprika to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- Salad dressing
- Before starting, be sure that all the ingredients are thoroughly chilled, and that the bowl is cold.
- Wash and drain the lettuce, and wrap in a damp cloth or put it in the hydrator to become crisp, then dry it on a towel or shake it dry in a wire basket.
- When ready to serve, line a wooden salad bowl with the crisp lettuce, mix the vegetables with boiled salad dressing and seasonings and garnish the salad with slices of hard-cooked egg.
Suggested Luncheon Menu: Chilled snap bean salad, hot bran muffins, potato chips, cottage cheese, fresh fruit cup, iced coffee or tea for the adults, and milk for the children.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!