Green Goddess Salad Dressing
Yield: 4 cups
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 organic egg yolks (1/4 cup pasteurized egg yolk)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon, chopped*
- 1 small shallot, minced (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh garlic
- 6 – 8 anchovy fillets*
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- In a food processor (or use a stick blender), place the avocado, egg yolks, lemon juice, herbs, shallot, garlic, and anchovies and then process for 1 minute until well combined. With the machine running, slowly drizzle in the oil. The mixture should become smooth and creamy. Turn the machine off and scrape down the sides. Add the honey, sour cream, pepper, and salt, and then process for 30 seconds more.
- Cover, label, and date. Store refrigerated for up to 5 days.
- *Substitutions: You can also make this recipe without anchovies; just bump the salt up a bit. Try with fresh basil instead of tarragon.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!