- 1 unbaked, 10-inch pastry shell
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 medium yellow squash (or patty pan), thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, peeled, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil (or 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh chopped basil leaves)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Prick bottom and sides of pastry shell. Bake at 450°. for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside to cool. Reduce oven temperature to 350°. Combine vegetables, garlic, salt, pepper, basil and butter in large skillet. Sauté until vegetables are tender. Spoon vegetable mixture into shell, spreading evenly. Combine eggs and cream, mixing well; pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake for 30 minutes or until set. Serves 6 to 8.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!