- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dry ranch dressing mix
- 10 ounces fresh peas or frozen, thawed and drained
- 1/2 pound bacon, fried crisp, drained well and crumbled
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cup cashew halves (or broken pieces)
- In small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise and dressing mix.
- In large bowl, mix peas, bacon, celery, onion, pepper and water chestnuts.
- Pour dressing over all, stir together and chill.
- Just before servings, stir in cashews.