- 1/2 cup wild rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup orzo
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 ear fresh sweet corn, cooked, kernels removed from cob
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 orange or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- In saucepan, bring wild rice and water to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer about 30 minutes, until rice is tender.
- Cook orzo pasta according to package .
- Drain and add to cooked wild rice.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Stir in onion, corn, peppers, basil, salt and pepper.
- Whisk together vinegar, lemon juice, honey, mustard, garlic and olive oil.
- Add to salad.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!