- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups chopped green tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Ice Cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place butter in an 11×17-inch baking dish; place in oven until butter melts.
- Remove dish from oven, and set aside In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour batter over butter in baking dish (do not stir).
- In a medium saucepan, bring 3/4 cup sugar, green tomatoes, and lemon juice to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly; pour over batter (do not stir).
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining 1/4 cup sugar.
- Sprinkle over green tomato mixture in baking dish.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve cobbler warm with ice cream if desired.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!