- 1/2 cup (about 3 oz) blue cheese, crumbled
- Cream cheese (4 oz), softened
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 8 (1/2-inch thick) slices hearty onion artisan bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp
In a small bowl, combine blue cheese, cream cheese, scallions and pepper; mix well. Butter one side of each slice of bread. Spread the blue cheese mixture on the nonbuttered side of 4 slices of bread. Cut bacon slices in half; place 2 halves on top of each blue-cheese-topped slice. Cover with remaining 4 slices of bread, buttered side out. Place sandwiches on an electric griddle heated to 275º, or in a preheated skillet over medium heat. Cook 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until bread is golden brown, and cheese is melted.
Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc. recipe.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!