Grilled Wedge Salad and Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/3 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced thin
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped chives
Ingredients for Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing:
- 3 Tbsp. creamy blue cheese
- 2 Tbsp. buttermilk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. hot sauce
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. sugar
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Wash and thoroughly dry the head of romaine lettuce. Slice the head of romaine in half lengthwise.
- Oil the grates of the grill. Turn the grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush both the cut sides and back sides of the romaine halves with oil. Grill on each side for 2-3 minutes, until grill marks have formed. Transfer the romaine to a large platter.
- Divide the blue cheese dressing between the salads, then divide the remaining toppings between each salad.
- Season with salt and pepper.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!