- 4 pound whole chicken wings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips.
- In a large plastic bag or shallow bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Add wings in small batches; toss to coat.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 350°.
- Fry wings, a few at a time, until juices run clear, about 9 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- In a bowl, combine sugar, soy sauce, garlic, onion and jalapeno.
- Dip fried wings in sauce; serve immediately.
- Yield: 12-16 servings.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!