- 1 -10 3/4-ounce can reduced-fat and reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup light dairy sour cream
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion or 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 -30- or 32-ounce package frozen shredded or diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes or crushed wheat cereal flakes
Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease a 2-quart rectangular baking dish; set aside. In a very large bowl, combine soup, cheese, milk, sour cream, onion, and pepper. Stir in potatoes. Spread mixture evenly in prepared baking dish. Cover and bake for 45 minutes; stir potatoes. Sprinkle with cornflakes. Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes more or until heated through and bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
This traditional family-favorite side dish has been lightened up with reduced-fat soup and cheese, fat-free milk, and light sour cream.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!