- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup medium barley, uncooked
- 1 can (11 oz.) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup shredded or flaked coconut
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
In medium saucepan bring water to a boil; stir in barley. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50 to 60 minutes or until barley is tender, stirring occasionally. Drain and allow barley to cool to room temperature. Combine barley with remaining ingredients except sour cream; toss lightly to mix. Fold in sour cream. Chill several hours before serving.
NOTE: To use quick barley, substitute 1/3 cup quick cooking barley, decrease water to 1 cup and decrease cooking time to 10 to 12 minutes. Proceed as recipe directs.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!