- 1 firm, round loaf bread
- 1 1/2 s sour cream
- 1 cup ham, cooked, diced
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 (3 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- assorted raw vegetables for dipping
- 1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 green onion, chopped
Slice off top of bread, reserving top. Carefully hollow out inside of loaf, leaving 1/2-inch shell. Cut removed bread into 1-inch cubes; reserve.
Filling: Combine cheeses and sour cream in bowl, stir in ham, onion, chilies and Worcestershire sauce. Spoon filling into hollowed loaf; replace top. Wrap loaf with several layers of foil, set on cookie sheet. Bake at 350° 40 minutes. Meanwhile, stir together bread cubes, oil and butter. Arrange on separate cookie sheet. Bake, stirring occasionally
until golden brown. Unwrap filled loaf, remove top, stir filling. Serve with bread cubes and
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!