- 3 pounds Shoulder Steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups roasted tomato or regular salsa
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed, drained
- Guacamole, chopped fresh cilantro, chopped purple onion, chopped tomato and tortilla chips (optional)
- Cut beef steaks into 3/4-inch pieces. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Brown beef in three batches; season with salt. Set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, bell pepper and onion to same stockpot. Cook and stir 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Return beef and accumulated juices to stockpot. Add salsa, chili powder and cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
- Stir in beans; cook, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes or until beans are heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Serve chili in bowls. Garnish with Toppings, as desired.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!