- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 assorted peppers — your choice, chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 5 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 2 cans kidney beans
- 1 6-ounce cup of water
- Pepper & cayenne pepper sauce
- In a big pot, heat olive oil.
- When oil is hot, sauté onions, green peppers, garlic and other peppers for about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey. Stir and cook for another 5 minutes. You want to get everything nice and browned.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, kidney beans. Mix well.
- Fill up the empty tomato paste can with water and pour into pot. Add the seasoning ingredients and stir in, cooking over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Stir often.
- Turn flame down to low or simmer. Cook covered or uncovered for an hour, stirring every 15 or so minutes. You want to get chili to a nice chunky consistency.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!