- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried savory
- 1 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon ground dried grated lemon peel
Combine cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, oregano, thyme, parsley flakes, savory, mace, black pepper, sage, marjoram, and lemon peel. Mix well. Place in glass airtight container and store in cool, dark place up to four months. Use on all types of savory foods.
Note: Recipe may be easily multiplied. Yield: about 1/3 cup.
Similar to Mrs. Dash mixture, use this salt substitute herb mix on all types of savory foods and you won’t miss the salt at all.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!