- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 3 1/4 cups bread flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Additional butter, melted
- Coarse salt, optional
- In a bread machine pan, place the water, butter, egg, sugar, salt, seasonings, flour and yeast in order suggested by manufacturer.
- Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Divide dough into 16 portions; shape each into a ball.
- Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush with butter and sprinkle with coarse salt if desired.
- Remove from pans to wire racks.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!