- 2 cups rolled oats (extra thick )
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1 t. course kosher salt (omit if adding salted nuts, pretzels, etc)
- 3 T canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts (or your choice)
- 3/4 cup dried fruit (or your choice)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In large bowl, combine oats, cinnamon, and salt.
- Toss to combine.
- In a separate, smaller bowl, combine oil, honey, sugar, and vanilla.
- Combine honey mixture with oat mixture, tossing with hands until coated.
- Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Gently flip granola with a spatula to prevent sticking.
- Add nuts.
- Bake another 15 minutes, flipping, again, halfway through baking time.
- Cool completely on baking sheet.
- Fold in fruit, etc.
- Store in an airtight container glass jar with a lid for up to one week.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!