- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 box (4-serving size) raspberry-flavored gelatin
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons yellow candy sprinkles
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, vanilla, gelatin and egg with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon.
- On low speed, beat in flour.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls about 2 inches apart.
- With sharp knife, make 6 cuts in top of each ball about three-fourths of the way through to make 6 wedges.
- Spread wedges apart slightly to form flower petals (cookies will separate and flatten as they bake).
- Sprinkle about 1/8 teaspoon yellow candy sprinkles into center of each cookie.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until set and edges begin to brown.
- Cool 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack.
- Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!