You’ll never buy store bought again.
- 4 quarts tomato puree
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 2/3 cup vinegar
- 2 tsp whole allspice
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 1 tsp whole cloves
- 3 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp salt
- Combine puree, sugar and vinegar in a pot.
- Tie allspice, cinnamon stick and cloves together in cheesecloth to make a spice bag.
- Add spice bag and remaining ingredients to pot. Cook slowly until thick, about an hour. Stir often to prevent sticking.
- Discard spice bag.
- Ladle into hot pint jars, leaving a 1/4-inch headspace. Seal.
- Process 15 minutes in a water bath canner.