- 4 cups hot water
- 4 cups white grape juice
- 1 cup moscovado sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon fine grain salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 8 whole cloves
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cup golden or spiced rum
- Whipped cream for serving
- Ground nutmeg for garnish
- Stir together water, grape juice, sugars, salt, vanilla, cinnamon sticks, cloves and butter in 5 quart or larger crock pot. Cover and turn on LOW for 4-5 hours, or until no sugar granules remain and spices are well steeped. Stir in rum.
- Serve in mugs or glasses and top with whipped cream and nutmeg.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!