Makes: 14 servings (1/2 cup each)
- 2 cups Cinnamon Chex cereal
- 2 cups Wheat Chex cereal
- 2 cups Honey Nut Chex cereal
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Cream Cheese Icing:
- 1 square (1 ounce) premium white chocolate
- 1 ounce cream cheese, softened
- In large microwavable bowl, mix cereals and pumpkin seeds.
- Line cookie sheet with waxed paper or foil.
- In small bowl, mix brown sugar, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice; set aside.
- In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave butter on high about 30 seconds or until melted.
- Add pumpkin mixture; microwave about 30 seconds, or until hot.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour pumpkin-butter mixture over cereal and seeds, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on high 5 minutes or until mixture begins to brown, stirring every minute.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool.
- While mix is cooling, melt white chocolate in microwave on high 30 seconds; stir in softened cream cheese.
- Drizzle over top of mix; refrigerate 5 minutes or until set.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Tip: For easy drizzling, spoon the glaze into a small food-storage bag. Snip off one bottom corner and squeeze over the cereal mixture.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!