- 3 hot green chili peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup sweet red peppers, diced
- 1 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups stock
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups tofu, cubed
- 3 to 4 cups hot cooked rice
In large nonstick frying pan over medium heat, saute chili peppers, ginger and garlic in oil 5 minutes. Add red peppers and scallions. Stir 1 to 2 minutes, or until scallions are limp. Add stock, stirring to loosen any bits of seasoning from bottom of pan. Add peanut butter, soy sauce, lemon juice, honey and pepper flakes. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens and begins to simmer. Add tofu. Cover pan and reduce heat to low. Cook 10 minutes, or until peppers are just tender. Serve over rice.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!