- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons caraway seed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins or currants
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly grease 9-inch round cake pan.
- Mix flour, sugar, caraway seed, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in large bowl.
- Stir in raisins.
- Mix buttermilk, eggs and vanilla in medium bowl; stir into dry ingredients.
- Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!