Ingredients for the Dressing:
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, and more to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pepperoncini brine
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Ingredients the Pasta Salad:
- 1 pound pasta, boiled to al dente
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopsped salami
- 5 pepperoncinis, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped aged provolone
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 red onion, minced or 1/4 cup onion sprouts
- In a small bowl or with mortar and pestle, mix the garlic cloves with the salt and then add the oregano. Whisk or mix in the red wine vinegar, brine, black pepper and olive oil. Give it a taste and adjust the salt according to your liking.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta, according to the package’s directions, until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Transfer back to the pot or a large bowl. Toss the pasta with a teaspoon of olive oil to avoid sticking. Transfer to the fridge to chill the pasta, about 15 minutes. Add the salami, pepperoncini, provolone, cherry tomatoes and red onion or sprouts; toss until totally combined. Give it a taste and adjust the salt according to taste. Divide among bowls and serve.