- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups coarsely shredded yellow summer squash
- 1 cup coarsely shredded zucchini
- 1 can (2.25 oz.) sliced ripe olives, drained, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 very thin tomato slices
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced, separated into rings
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (2 oz.)
Heat oven to 450°. Beat eggs and flour in medium bowl until smooth. Add yellow squash, zucchini and 1/4 cup olives; mix well. Spread in greased 8-inch square baking pan. Bake in center of 450°F oven just until custard is set, about 10 minutes. Mix Parmesan cheese, basil and garlic salt; sprinkle over custard. Top evenly with tomato, remaining olives, onion and Jack cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, about 4 minutes.
Lighter option: Recipe can be made with reduced-fat cheese, if desired.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!