- Vegetable oil
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) tomatoes
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- Coarse salt (sea salt or kosher), to taste
- 1 can (15 ounces) potatoes
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) carrots
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) whole kernel corn
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) pinto or black beans, drained
- 2 cups cooked turkey, shredded
- 6 ounces bite-size corn tortilla chips
- 1 cup cheese (queso fresco, feta or Monterey jack) shredded or diced
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1 lime, cut in wedges
- Heat vegetable oil in saucepan over medium high heat.
- Cook tomatoes for a minute, stirring frequently; add broth and salt.
- Heat to boiling.
- Add potatoes, carrots, corn, beans and turkey; simmer gently until all ingredients are hot.
- To serve: Ladle soup into bowls.
- Top with tortilla chips and cheese; garnish with scallions and cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!