Lemon Asparagus Pasta
- 8 ozs. Angel hair pasta
- 2 ½ cups asparagus (cut into 1″ pieces)
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ½ cup green onions (chopped)
- 1 ½ tsp. lemon peel (grated)
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. fresh dill or 1 tsp. dried
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 4 minutes. Add asparagus to boiling pasta and cook 2 minutes longer or until tender, drain.
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter in large frypan over medium heat. Add green onions and lemon peel, sauté 1 minute. Add lemon juice and cook until liquid is almost evaporated.
- In a separate bowl beat together milk and eggs. Add w/pasta and asparagus to pan w/green onions. Cook over low heat until milk mixture is slightly thick, about 4 minutes. Do not boil!
- Stir in dill, salt and nutmeg, serve immediately.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!