- 1 lb. fresh green beans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 chopped, toasted pecans
- 2 teaspoons fresh or dried rosemary finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- lemon slice and fresh rosemary sprigs for garnish
Wash beans and remove ends. Sprinkle with salt. Arrange beans in steamer basket; place over boiling water. Cover and steam approximately 10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Plunge green beans into cold water to stop cooking process; drain and set aside.
In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add green onions and cook, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes. Add green beans, pecans, rosemary and lemon juice; stir constantly until mixture has thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with lemon rind and garnish if desired. Serve immediately. Serve with grilled chicken or fish.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!