- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 T. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), cut up
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Fresh chopped tomatoes (optional)
- Chopped fresh basil or oregano (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°. In medium bowl, gradually whisk milk into flour until smooth. Whisk in egg, cottage cheese, and cream cheese (mixture will not be smooth). Stir in cheddar cheese, sugar, and pepper. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until puffed and golden and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve immediately. If desired, garnish with tomatoes and fresh herbs.
This crustless quiche is made with fat-free milk and low-fat cheeses, making it much lower in fat and calories than a traditional quiche that has a buttery crust and cream-based filling.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!