- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped (use food processor)
- 1/4 cup fat-free egg substitute
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 8-oz package fat-free cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1 8-oz frozen light whipped topping, thawed
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 fat-free pound cake, cut into 1/2 inch slices
In food processor with metal blade, process egg substitute and sugar for 30 seconds. Add vanilla; process 1 minute or until pale yellow. Add cream cheese pieces, a few at a time, processing until smooth. Transfer mixture to medium bowl. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour. Fold whipped topping into cream cheese mixture. Set aside. In large shallow dish, dissolve espresso powder in the hot water; add the cold water. Quickly dip cake slices into espresso, turning to coat all sides. Arrange slices in bottom of 13×9-inch baking dish or 12-cup shallow dish, smoothing with fingers to mold cake slices together. Sprinkle with half of the chopped chocolate. Top with chilled cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate. Cover; refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight before serving. Store in refrigerator.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!