- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tbs sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbs vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 3 tbs ice water
- Mix flour, sugar and salt, cut in shortening with a fork or pastry cutter until mix is crumbly.
- Add egg, vinegar and water and mix until it comes together (may be slightly sticky).
- Scarp out of bowl onto a floured surface, roll into a ball with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll out on floured surface.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp apple pie spice
- 1 tbs butter
- 2 tbs apple juice
- 3 tbs brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6-8 Gala apples
- 1 tsp corn starch
- Peel and slice apples and pour juice over apples, set aside.
- In bowl, mix four, corn starch, brown sugar, apple pie spice, sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Mix well, pour over apples and toss well.
- Pour into pie crust. Cube butter into small pieces and place on top of apples.
- Place top crust on pie and brush with milk and sugar.
- Vent pie.
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes or until crust is nice and golden brown.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle some caramel on top.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!